William D. McFarland
Washington County Auditor
||205 Putnam St.|
Marietta, Ohio 45750
|Main Phone Number: || 740-373-6623 |
(Use extensions to the right)
|Fax: || 740-376-7424|
|Hours: ||Mon-Fri, 8:00AM-5:00PM|
Accounts Payable: 267
Dog Licenses: 264
Farm Programs: 338
Fiscal Accounting: 342
Homestead Exemptions: 264
Manufactured Homes: 339
Payroll & Benefits: 341
Property Appraisal Value: 266
Real Estate Transfers: 337
Report New Construction or Demolition: 266
Vendor's License: 338
Weights & Measures: 270
Other Questions: 263
- Please reference the Current News link for information regarding the availability of the Tax Map Office.
- First time user? Please check out the extensive help section.
Welcome to the Home Page of the Washington County, Ohio Auditor’s Office web site. I hope you will find it useful and informative. Please allow me this opportunity to briefly summarize for you some of the things that the County Auditor’s Office does.
As County Auditor, my responsibilities are varied and extensive. I am the chief fiscal officer for the county as well as the tax valuation assessor. It is my job to see that the funds of Washington County are spent legally and that tax revenues are distributed properly, but I do not audit anyone. The Auditor of State has that responsibility. As tax valuation assessor, I am required to have each parcel of real estate valued at market value every six years. The Ohio Tax Commissioner typically orders a statistical adjustment three years later based on actual market sales in our County.
Our office processes various license applications on behalf of the State of Ohio, most notably dog licenses. We also administer several property tax reduction programs such as homestead and current agricultural use valuation. As the county sealer of weights and measures, I am required to check dispensing pumps for fuel quantity (not quality), scales and timers for accuracy, and prepackaged items for quantity.
The goal of the Auditor’s Office is to provide all services to the public in a professional and efficient manner, always mindful that each customer is to be treated with courtesy and respect. Please contact us if you have any questions.
We feature a full service Property Search website - In order to give you the most advanced features available, we have worked to enhance the site and improve your search experience. Some of the items you will find are:
- QuickSearch feature allows searching by parcel number, owner name, or address from one text field
- Advanced Search allows querying data based on many custom criteria
- Easy navigation of search results and exporting to Microsoft Excel
- Ability to save searches and properties for retrieval later
- Detailed GIS mapping feature that integrates with CAMA data
- Extensive Help section available at http://documentation.ddti.net/onlineauditor/
We hope you find benefit in the new site design and welcome any comments you may have.
Washington County, Ohio
Links to surrounding county Auditor websites: